Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good Running and following my Buddies

Let's start with Saturday - We planned a long run at Lila Loop (tough route but BEAUTIFUL!). We planned on meeting at Andrea's for a 7AM start. Gabby had some problems and was running late. We took off about 7:15 since we had such a large group and Andrea said she would wait and bring Gabby to us since Andrea was driving to mile 2 to meet us. Well Gabby got "a little" lost and ended up driving her self out to meet us. Gabby - I am soooo sorry we left - I really thought Andrea would be driving you to us :(

We had a big group - me, Cindy C, Lisa F, Vicki V, Andrea, Gabby, Gary Davis, Mark Oliver, Melisha and Diane Novotney. This route is very challenging but there are hardly any cars and also has some beautiful scenery. Lisa and I ended up getting our 13 miles in and everyone else got various miles from about 8.5 - 14 miles. We had our usual Denali's coffee. I didn't feel hungry so I just got some coffee and went home and fixed a Quinoa muffin (from Andrea) which was DELICIOUS!!!

I did a little shopping (Goody's, Tuesday Morning and Lowe's) and then picked up my dog at the groomer's and came home to a GREAT dinner I had cooked in the crockpot all day and Tony and I watched a movie.

Sunday I ran 6 miles with Lisa and Cindy from SSES and then got my groceries for the Super Bowl party and for the week. I came home and cooked Deer chili and Pineapple Angel Food cake for the party we will be attending at Tony's son's house. The rest of the afternoon I spent doing housework and then doing weights while constantly checking my phone and the computer for updates on Annette and Bailey. They just finished and I am sure are sipping some REALLY good drinks and eating Mexican by now. I also had two friends running the New Orleans marathon so I kept up with them also.

Gotta go for now and get ready to head out to the Super Bowl party - let's see if I can be good and not gorge on all the junk food I KNOW will be there :)

Have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! yeah, just a "little" lost! It's funny and embarrassing all at the same time. I ended up falling asleep during a movie last night I was so tired.

    ReplyDelete