Saturday, January 3, 2009

7 1/2 Hours of Crosstraining

And no it was NOT the fun kind. Let me catch up first.

New Year's Day - GREAT 6 miles run with the Cruiser's - 17 Total Runner's. Made a good dinner with smoked deer meat, veggies, blackeyed peas and cornbread and watched a movie.

Crosstraining begins: 3 1/2 hours YARD WORK
Friday - I took a vacation day to help my husband with yard work that has been MUCH needed. Tony has been in the deer woods for 3 months and he works out of town during the week so his Honey Do list was REALLY long. I started out with a leisurely morning of 30 minutes on the spin bike and some shopping. THEN I get home and Tony is home and we go out side to trim bushes, trim tree's, clean gutter's, clean flower beds etc. etc. etc. 3 1/2 hours later we both come in EXHAUSTED!!!

Crosstraining ends: 4 hours YARD WORK
Saturday - get up and have a nice easy 8 miler with Lisa, Cindy, Robert and Mark then I head home to finish the yard work - 4 HOURS later we come in FINALLY finished. At one point I told Tony "I am exhausted and dizzy" what does he do - he hands me the tree trimmer to hold - I say "WHY would you hand me a sharp object when I am dizzy" he just laughs. Anyways the yard looks great and we are DONE!!!!

I am being lazy the rest of the day. Tomorrow I have a 9+ miler, trash pickup, maybe bike ride and weights so I need my REST!!!

3 comments:

  1. Brenda are you thinking of riding Dolce after trash pick up tomorrow??? Oh and your cross training doesnt sound like fun at all!! But I bet your yard looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, Annette actually wrote the last comment. She didn't know that I was already logged in but I agree with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Brenda - you got some work done! :)

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete