Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cold WINDY Saturday Long Run and SURPRISE!

Saturday was my scheduled 13 miler. I decided to do my run from the usual Cruiser's Southside Elementary school start since I did trails last week. The temps were cold but the WIND was BRUTAL. We had a great group - 21 runners. We all always start out together but then everyone kind of groups up by pace and distance they are running. I ended up running 10 miles with Cindy C, Steve B, Mark Oliver, Lisa and Melisha - then me, Lisa and Melisha went on for 13.5 (Melisha did 20 miles for training for Boston in April). On mile 11 I realized we were going to be running into a head wind for the last few miles so we decided to change the route a little and go into Candlewood to breakup the route some from the headwind. It was a good run and we held a great pace but the wind wore us down at the end. Afterwards we had our usual Denali's coffee and this week I tried a bagel with cream cheese and it was GREAT!

After my run and some grocery shopping Annette called and I met her to pick up some items for Arland's surprise party. After getting decorations, paper products and a "pink" cake we were off to Jackie's to decorate. I then went home relaxed a little but then needed to get ready for the party. Tony and I got there a little early to help shuttle people from the clubhouse. It was a GREAT party and I am not so sure Arland was surprised but I know he had a good time. Tony and I were home by 9:00ish so we watched some TV and then we were both out after such a busy Saturday.

Sunday I got up to meet the Dude's gang (Lisa, Cindy C and Vicki Vandever) for a 6:45AM 6-miler - again COLD but not as windy. We reversed our route and really enjoyed it in the opposite direction. There were a few times we got pelted with sleet but it was a GREAT run. Got home and did my weight routine. I am enjoying putting on a show I have DVR'd and doing my weights - the hardest part is walking in the room - after I get started I really enjoy it :)

Now I am just home doing Sunday chores and thinking about how I may change up my schedule a little to add in another spinning day but not take off any mileage. I am going to try to get some runs or spins in early in the morning. I will start helping with the Women Can Run clinic February 23rd and as much as I LOVE helping with the clinic I am afraid I will not get in quality runs so I am planning on doing my runs on those days in the mornings so the evenings can just be helping the ladies and doing an few easy miles with them that I will probably not even log.

Well gotta go and make dinner. Tony just got done with the dreadmill and is doing weights so I have to cook him something healthy since he is trying to do right - lol!!

Have a GREAT week.

1 comment: