Saturday, January 10, 2009

Need to put my running thoughts down on paper

First recap of the week:
Monday - terrible weather so 3 miles on the dreadmill at home and 30 minutes of spinning with drills thrown in.
Tuesday - 7.6 miles with Annette and the gang. I only planned on 6 - 7 miles but I got there early and ran a couple miles before everyone got there. Good run!
Wednesday - 4 miles at NLR Lake and then home to do 1 hour of weights. Good Run!
Thursday - 6 miles with Lisa F. Good run!
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 13.5 miles with the Cruisers - good run. Daily Grind breakfast afterwards and SAD to find out they are closing :(

Ok........now my running thoughts (this can ALWAYS change). I am trying to not bump up my mileage too much right now (nothing above 40 mpw) and let all my aches from Memphis heal and also build up my speed for a February 15K and March half marathon. I need to start some speedwork but have not been motivated yet. Speedwork to add - Tempo runs and LT or Fartlek's. I am thinking no Interval work this year and see how it goes. If I think it cuts my speed I may throw them back in but I really feel like doing Intervals causes me injuries. I want to keep my long run at 12 - 13 miles on Saturday until after the 15K and then do a couple 15-milers to prepare for the half marathon in March. In order to hit 40 miles and under I will need to do:
Saturday - 13 miles
Sunday - 6 miles with 1 hour weights
Monday - 3 miles with spinning for 30 minutes
Tuesday - 8 miles (or 6 if not feeling 8) with Tempo's or Fartlek's thrown in.
Wednesday - 4 miles with 1 hour weights
Thursday - 6 miles
Friday - Rest

So that's the plan now but CAN CHANGE :) Ok - YEAH! I have a schedule. I am such a routine and schedule person I have to have one!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan Brenda. Though I already know your going to do 6 almost every day anyway. I agree with you on the intervals but still wonder why it seems to hurt us so much. Maybe that's just meant for the 20 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a plan, I just seem to follow since I don't really have a clue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arland - you know me too well. Tonight I did 6 miles with your wife and I was supposed to do 3 miles and 30 minutes spinning. I actually couldn't resist the great weather so I will do my monday workout tomorrow when it is colder.

    Cheryl - I was following just whatever also for the last month (after Memphis) and decided to make a plan. All my races until the fall are half marathon's and below so I get to keep my mileage low :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in plans/schedules!!!

    ReplyDelete