Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where did the weekend go???

This weekend FLEW by. It's now 7PM on Sunday and I am thinking "I wish I had one more day before work".

Saturday I did a 12 mile trail run (REAL TRAILS!!!!) with Lisa, Mark Oliver, Robert Harrell and Eugene. About half of the trail run was VERY VERY rough trails. For more than 6 miles I just stared at the ground and hoped not to fall. So many times I wanted to walk because it was so rough but Lisa and I just kept running so the guys wouldn't get so far ahead of us. I don't think we (me or Lisa) will be doing those trails again. I used to do a lot of trail running 3 years ago but this was much tougher than any trails I have done. After the trail run I had breakfast with the Cruisers at our new breakfast hangout - Denali's. It was GREAT - so this will be our new Saturday hangout after a long run. After breakfast I had to rush home to get ready to take Kelli (soon to be daughter in law) and Madison, Hailey (Kelli's daughter) and Hailey's friend to the Old Mill to check how do to Jonathan and Kelli's wedding there and then on to the mall for about 4 hours of shopping for Hailey's birthday. After the mall we had a little party at US Pizza for Hailey - then home and vegged out and watched my DVR'd LOST episode's from Wednesday night.

Sunday - Good run and then home to do weights, laundry, housework, cooking for Tony for next week and cooking for me for next week. I watched Grey's Anatomy from last week then it was time to get ready for the Cruiser meeting at Jackie's at 4PM. GREAT meeting - I think we must have had 40+ people show. Now I am home and ready to veg out again and watch some TV with hubby before he heads out of town for work.

Have a GREAT week.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go trail runner! I'm such a chicken on trails! I love your blog, somehow didn't know you had one until now. Such a great way to stay connected to running friends no matter the distance and time passed...Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, 2nd try here, LOL! Wish I could've joined y'all Sat., unfortunately I was getting home about when you would have been 1/2 done with your run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really hoping those trails would work out but I had my doubts knowing that area. One of these days I'll do more trail running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trails - sounds like a sprained ankle to me :( I know what you mean about the weekend flying by, I don't know where the time goes!

    ReplyDelete