Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOT HUMID Run - but it's done!

I met for our usual Saturday 7AM Cabot Cruiser run today and although it was windy the temps were 65ish and HUMID. We had 11 runner's (last week we had 17). I ran with Cindy C and Lisa F for 8.5 miles then added on 1.5 by myself to get up to 10 miles. I am slowly ramping up from Memphis since I still have some running "issues" from the Memphis marathon. It was a tough run because of the humidity. Annette ran 5 with Jane since she is doing her long run tomorrow and was nice enough to have my favorite Mt. Mudd drink waiting on me when I finished - she is SUCH A SWEETY!!! After drinking my SF Chai we decided to go on to Starbuck's to have a visit. We had a good time and also tried out the new Expresso Trouffles - WOW if you love chocolate try this!! Then it was on to Wal-Mart to get our ingredients for some healthy recipes I found in my Hungry Girl book for us to try out. We are both back to our "eating healthy" program again. We both took a break after the marathon and also during the holiday's but it is now time to get back on the program. I didn't do much after going grocery shopping as we had a storm come through later in the afternoon. Right now I am trying to play with my blog and figure out how to put pic's on. I took a pic of my road bike but when I posted it was HUGE!!!!

Tomorrow my plan is an easy run at 7:30aM with Cindy and Lisa and then off to the horse barn for the day with my friend Jan to work with her Arabian's.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, I use the medium size pictures most of the time on mine. You should have an option to pick when you go to add photos to your post. You will have it all figured out in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love the new espresso truffle latte. Darn why do I have to live so far away from a Starbucks?

    ReplyDelete