Sunday, December 28, 2008

GREAT run and a day with the horses

My day started off with a GREAT 6 miler with Cindy and Lisa. The weather was soooo much better than yesterday. We did a different route out on some country roads in Ward and it was really nice even when Cindy had us take a road she "thought" led to another road which didn't so we made a trip trough a lot of weeds and mudd to get across.

After my run I came home and made some breakfast and then headed out to my friends barn for the day. Jan is one of my oldest friends and I haven't spent much time with her lately because my obsession is running and her obsession is Arabian Horses. About a year ago she built the Taj Mahal of horse barns on 60 acres less than 10 minutes from my house so it is much more convenient for me to visit now. I spent 6 hours grooming, riding, feeding and just playing around with the horses and also got in a good visit with Jan. Jan is a psychiatrist so it was interesting to hear some of her stories with work - sad but interesting. Jan has 4 stallions and 4 mare's and her stallions always scare me because they are so spirited. I was raised with horses (owned 3) but mine were always laid back quarter horses - SO different from Arabian's. I was helping Jan put on Covy's (stallion) pajams's (blanket but Jan calls them pajama's) and he went pretty crazy on us - this really scared me because we were stuck in the small stall. I finally grabbed some horse cookies and put in front of him and he calmed down. I gave him 4 cookies while Jan got the pajama's on and got the stall door open - pretty scary.

Got home at 4PM - showered, did weights and had some AWESOME Deer Taco soup that was cooking in my crockpot all day. Tony will be home about 8PM from Deer Camp so I will hear all his stories and then hit the sack.

3 comments:

  1. That's why I refer the steel horses over the live ones. They never go crazy on me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds like a great day! I love horses, they are so "majestic", but like you say, they can be scary in small spaces. That's a great picture of Helima, I have some pics of thoroughbreds from a horse barn in KY. I was in AWE.

    ReplyDelete