Thursday, March 5, 2009

Weekly Recap and getting sick :(

Saturday - 15 mile run on Little Rock Half Marathon course
Sunday - 6 mile solo run (found some dirt road and really enjoyed it) - full body weight workout.
Monday - 50 minutes on Spin bike in the morning and a couple of easy running miles at WCR clinic in the afternoon (COLD TEMPS!)
Tuesday - 6 mile HARD tempo workout
Wednesday - 5 mile easy run at lunch and then upper body weight workout at home.
Thursday - 6 mile Hill workout and this evening I will have 2 - 3 easy miles with WCR ladies.

On this morning's run I could tell my "think I am getting sick" is probably mostly likely going to turn into "yes I am sick". I ran the first 2 miles to Lisa's at a 10:20 avg pace and was SWEATING like a Freight train. The rest of the workout was okay but as the day has gone by I am fading....................................... I have CONSTANT drainage from Sinus/Allergy and all in all just feel yucky. I am going to stick it out and go to the WCR clinic but will probably go straight to bed when I get in - in hopes of kicking this before it kicks me. I am really glad I didn't sign up for the Chase Race 2-miler this Saturday since #1 My knee is still bothering me and #2 I may be sick in bed :(

Well enough whining - good news is if I am sick hopefully I can get well before the half marathon next Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better! Won't hurt to take an extra rest day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better today! Missed you at the race this morning.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. The half is only a week away and hope your sinus/allergy thingy is GONE! The weather looks promising, but you know how that goes, for all we know it could snow! HA! See you at the Marathon festivities next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting your goal yesterday! I knew you looked strong when we took off (that's the last I saw of you, LOL!).

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,
    Darn it, I was looking forward to following you tomorrow at the 10k. Take care of the injury and tell everybody I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I know all about the battle of the allergies. Hope it clears up for you quickly

    ReplyDelete